Recipe & Photo Credit: Meagen Ashley, It’s All About AIP
1 Batch of Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk (1 can full fat coconut milk and 1⁄4 cup of honey or maple syrup)
6 cups of plain lovebird cereal (1.5 boxes)
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
1⁄2 Cup of Dairy Free Chocolate Chips or Carob Chips (AIP)
1.Make the sweetened condensed coconut milk. Mix coconut milk and the honey or maple syrup in a medium sized pot and bring to a gentle boil over low heat. Simmer on low heat for 30-40 minutes or until it has decreased by 1⁄3 and the color is starting to change. Whisk occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Add approximately half of the sweetened condensed coconut milk and half of the plain cereal and stir.
4. Add the rest of the plain cereal and the rest of the sweetened condensed coconut milk to the large bowl. Sprinkle in 2 Tbsp of coconut sugar and then stir to mix all together.
5. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Spoon the cereal mixture into the lined baking dish.
6. Bake for 15 minutes uncovered.
7. Remove from the oven and add your dairy free chocolate chips or your carob chips on top. Put back in the oven for 2 minutes or until melted.
8. Remove from the oven and spread the melted chocolate or carob over the squares until thoroughly covered.
9. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes prior to serving.