Recipe & Photo Credit: Meagan Ashley of Itsallaboutaip
1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ a red onion, diced
2 Cloves of garlic (minced)
1 pound of ground beef
3 stalks of celery, chopped
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
6 cups of bone broth
1 Tbsp. of garlic powder
1 Tbsp. of onion powder
1 Tbsp. of dried thyme
Salt to taste
13 ounces of pumpkin puree
4 cups of chopped kale
¼ cup of chopped green onion (for garnish)
1. In a large soup pot, heat your olive oil over medium high heat. Cook the red onion and garlic until translucent. Add the ground beef and brown.
2. Add in the celery, carrots, and sweet potato. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the bone broth. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to medium low and stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and salt.
4. Simmer for 15 minutes then add in the pumpkin puree and the kale. Simmer another 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve immediately and top with a sprinkle of chopped green onions.
6. Cool and store in the refrigerator in a glass container for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.