Recipe & Photo Credit: Dress It Up! Dressing
1 butternut squash
6 large chopped carrots
2 chopped parsnips
1 chopped sweet potato
1 yellow onion
2 garlic cloves
Coconut oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Blackberry Vinaigrette
1. Slice the squash in half, and scoop out the seeds. Salt lightly and place face-down on a baking sheet covered with parchment. Stab the outside with a fork a few times and roast for 30-40 minutes at 425.
2. In a heavy bottomed pot, sauté some onion and garlic in oil until softened, not browned.
3. Add carrots and parsnips to the pot, and let them soften for a few minutes. After the vegetables have softened slightly, add about an inch of water or broth, put a lid on the pot, and let everything steam gently until the carrots and parsnips are nice and tender – about 15-20 minutes. Scoop out the flesh of the butternut squash and add to the pot during this time.
4. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup right in the pot (or blend in batches in a blender). Add water or broth as needed.
5. Finish the soup with a swirl of Blackberry Vinaigrette on top.