Recipe Credit: Jason Morrow Photo Credit: Laura Morrow, Simply AIP
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon Mastodon Rub
1 package bacon
16 oz. sliced mushrooms
1-2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Bacon Burger Directions:
- Cook 6 pieces of bacon in a skillet and remove bacon.
- In the remaining bacon grease, cook chopped onion until translucent.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add Mastodon Rub to ground beef and mix with hands. Pat out 3-4 burgers.
- Serve bacon, mushrooms, onions, and avocado on top of grilled burger patty.
*The Mastodon Rub is great for grilling or roasting beef, chicken, pork, or veggies, or for smoking a brisket or ribs.
Sweet Potato Fries Directions:
- Coat sprinkle sweet potato slices with olive oil, then sprinkle with rosemary & cinnamon (or your favorite spices!).
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Serve with your favorite KC Natural AIP Sauce.